The 132nd Annual Michigan Association of Fairs & Exhibitions Convention will be held January 12-14, 2017 at the Amway Grand Plaza in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The MAFE Convention is a very popular and highly anticipated event, and is a tremendous opportunity to display your talent to the majority of Fairs and Festivals in Michigan. There are a few opportunities for showcase:
Musical or Variety Showcase Acts (Three Opportunities)
- The Showcase on Thursday night, January 12, 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm, kicks off the convention. Up to ten acts are invited to perform in front of convention fair and festival attendees. We strive to provide a variety of talented groups to entertain and are always looking for new groups to participate in the Showcase.
- There will be an opportunity for two or three acts to Showcase Friday, January 13, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm during our Mega Raffle Event. These groups MAY play slightly longer depending on the flow of the raffle.
- One act will be selected to perform during the Saturday night banquet, January 14, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm as “background/dinner” music and then at the conclusion of the evening can ramp it up for a few songs for those interested.
Kids/Family Friendly Showcase Acts
On Friday afternoon, January 13, 2016, MAFE is going to have mini-Showcase for Kid Friendly Acts.
Location will be in the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel from 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm. We are looking for acts that would entertain the younger ones and families. This could include: magic shows, interactive on-grounds entertainment and balloonists, jugglers, stilt walkers, clowns to name a few type of acts that may want participate.
If you are interested in appearing in the Showcase please review the Guidelines and application found here. Submit your application by October 1, 2016. You can submit your application one of two ways:
- Email – Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com. Include: showcase entertainment application; membership application; and a link to video/photos of your act.
- Mail – Send information to Larry Bush MAFE Showcase PO Box 282 Swartz Creek MI 48473-0282. Submit the showcase entertainment application; membership application; and a DVD-video of your act.
There are a limited number of available slots for acts to perform, so submit your application as early as possible. Applicants will be notified of their selection and participation.
We encourage you to take membership in MAFE even if you are not able to partake in the Showcase this year.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at 810.348.7901 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org